We are looking for Full-time Leasing Consultant to at 4000 Massachusetts Avenue, NW. The Leasing Consultant under the direction of the General Manager is responsible for managing the sales process, from start to finish; presenting our apartments and community in a compelling way, overcoming objections, building relationships and creating excitement. A successful Leasing Consultant must demonstrate strong sales skills and customer service, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Greeting prospective residents and providing them with property tours.
- Receive telephone inquiries pleasantly and professionally; schedule appointments whenever possible.
- Processing lease applications and qualifying residents based on approved lease criteria
- Achieve leasing goals to reach or exceed budgeted occupancy for the property.
- Daily management of 100% of leads from Maxleases or property specific lead management software.
- Conduct follow-up with prospective residents.
- Maintain current knowledge of surrounding community for benefit of prospective residents.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitor’s properties
- Participate and preparation of promotional events.
- Perform outreach marketing as needed
- Assist in maintenance of the Market Survey
- Support Property Manager with general office maintenance by answering phones and performing other administrative tasks, including but not limited to maintaining complete resident files, general office files, and order office supplies as directed.
- 1-2 years of apartment leasing, sales, and customer service preferred or a four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- The ability to multi-task and maintain a professional appearance, a must.
- Computer Proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Social Media sites including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Four Square, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of Fair Housing requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with the residents and customers in a professional manner.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to read and interpret documents & ability to write reports.
- Strong sales skills.
- Flexibility to work schedule. Position requires to work Fridays/Saturdays.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Knowledge of DC rent control a plus.
- Daily update of the property website, craig's list, and other ILS.
- Organization and planning
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to excel in a Fast Paced and High Pressure Atmosphere
- Proactivity/takes initiative
- Listening Skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Microsoft Suite Proficiency
- Internet/Social Media
- College Degree, a plus
- DC Rent Control knowledge a plus
Come join a winning team. Excellent salary and benefits! Thorough Background investigations will be conducted prior to hire.
Polinger Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed