- Able to effectively troubleshoot problems, recognize deficiencies and initiate action to resolve.
- Read and use all types of testing equipment, analog digital multi-meters, pressure and temperature indicating and recording devices, air flow measuring devices, and leak detection devices
- Ability to efficiently handle and coordinate multiple tasks and project assignments
- Knowledge and proper use of basic hand tools (i.e. socket sets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.)
- Understand correct usage of power tools (pneumatic, electric or engine drive), drill motors, saws, grinder, and impact wrenches, etc.
- Read and understand a variety of instructions, including equipment instruction manuals, furnished in written, oral, or schedule form
- Interact with employees, visitors and contractors with poise and diplomacy.
- Maintain calm demeanor in emergency situations
- Understand and apply correct usage of all personal safety equipment
Physical abilities/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform work outdoors and indoors
- Work standing all day
- Lift 50 lbs. or more
- Climb up and down stairs and ladders
- Access remote work areas and confined spaces (i.e., crawl spaces, roofs)
- Use full range of manual dexterity (i.e., sitting, squatting, bending, kneeling, walking, and lifting)
- Meet the shift working requirements of the assigned property; shifts may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Work overtime as business needs deem appropriate
Thorough Background investigations will be conducted prior to hire. Great pay and benefits available.
Polinger Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.